SEL2870 FE 28–70 mm F3.5–5.6 OSS
The Full Frame all-round performer
FE 28–70 mm F3.5–5.6 OSS Standard Zoom (SEL2870)
Combining impressive optical performance with lightweight, compact convenience, the SEL2870 makes an ideal everyday lens. The popular 28–70 mm zoom range covers a variety of uses, from landscapes to portraits and snaphots. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation keeps images sharp and noise-free.
Coupled with a Full Frame E-mount camera from Sony, this lens delivers big camera performance in a remarkably compact, easy-to-handle package.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the lens ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimise distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution and colour fidelity.
Lightweight, compact 35 mm Full Frame standard zoom lens
28–70 mm zoom range and F3.5–5.6 aperture
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation
7-blade circular aperture for beautiful defocusing
Dust and moisture resistant design
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE : 0.3–0.45 m (0.99–1.48 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.19x
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 55 mm
- WEIGHT: 295 g (10.5 oz)
- 35 mm Full Frame imaging : This 35 mm Full Frame mid-range zoom lens is designed to work with all E-mount cameras from Sony, delivering outstanding contrast and resolution right out to the edges of the image.
- Advanced aspherical lens technology: Aspherical lens technology maximises portability without sacrificing imaging power. The lens combines three aspherical elements with one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element to deliver high-precision shots and breathtaking rendering — without the bulky design usually associated with similar DSLR lenses.
- Extra-low Dispersion glass element: Lenses constructed with conventional optical glass struggle with chromatic aberration as the focal length increases. Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass technology was developed to counter these issues, delivering superior contrast and colour quality across the entire focal length — even at large aperture settings.
- Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation: Optical SteadyShot™ keeps your image stable even when your hands aren’t. By compensating for the minor hand motions that can cause blurring and distortion, Optical SteadyShot™ ensures brilliant photographic results — even at high zooms.
- 7-blade circular aperture: The 7-blade circular design keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular throughout the full range of F-stops. This makes it possible to achieve smoother, more natural defocusing in your images—including artistic blurring or 'bokeh'—and greater control over the depth of field.
We Also Recommend